On Jun 24, 2012 3:36 PM, "sahil sharma" <sharmasahil0...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:58 PM, dan (ddp) <ddp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >     (1)    I have added following code to
>var>ossec>etc>shared>agent.conf
>> >

>> As is documented in the full_command documentation, this has to go in
the agent's ossec.conf. I apologize, I forgot about this restriction.

> Please, clarify on this, I have to add the following code in agent's
ossec.conf i.e I have a win7 agent so I must add it to
>c>prog_files(x86)>ossec>ossec(config) ????  If yes, then do I need to put
<agent_config os="Windows"> at start or not?

I guess that's the file. I don't do much with Windows. You do not need to
add thar, since this isn't the agent.conf

> 1) Do I need to remove this code  from >var>ossec>etc>shared>agent.conf
where I had previously added it?

There's no good reason to have it there.

> 2) Changing config at client side gives unusual problem in client's ossec
agent which then display (check config:warning) when I
>     try to start/stop/restart the client ossec agent.

What did you add? Where did you add it? Cryptically telling me you got an
error doesn't do anyone any good. Maybe you should consult a sysadmin, or
someone else with technical skills.

> 3) Whats diff in adding in these two different files?
>>
>> >         <agent_config os="Windows">
>> >
>> >   <localfile>
>> >     <log_format>full_command</log_format>
>> >     <command>reg QUERY
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR</command>