This will be my last email in this thread. I'm not interested in
trying to help someone who is making that task as difficult as
possible. You are unwilling to troubleshoot or apply any thought to
the problem, or help me help you fix the problem.

Good luck!

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:32 PM, sahil sharma <sharmasahil0...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I guess you are very right. I guess I am a bit confused of terminology,
> now getting step by step.
>
> All I have is :
> 1) a central sever: ubuntu virtual machine.
> 2)a client : windows
>
> I want to:
> 1)Detect when someone inserts USB into the client system.
>    ---->I am badly confused where to make changes to implement this.
>    ----> I have 3 places :-
>             (1) On client's ossec itself: C/Prog file(x86)>ossec>ossec
> config : Seems to be bad option to add instruction at a client which itself
> has to be
>                                                              monitored. So I
> guess its wrong and once I add anythig to this file, I am unable to
> START/RESTART agent at win.

I have answered this. The changes need to be made in the agent's
ossec.conf. There should be no confusion at this point.

>              (2) ossec at server: var/ossec (don't remember exact path).
> Adding changing to this, restarting the server I see no USB alert.
>
> Sorry, but I don't know why its not working, if you say I can attach the
> exact files where I have made the changes.

I told you what I would have needed to help you. Hopefully someone
else with more patience will be willing to do the job of your
administrator.