Ok, I guess you are very right. I guess I am a bit confused of terminology,
now getting step by step.

All I have is :
1) a central sever: ubuntu virtual machine.
2)a client : windows

I want to:
1)Detect when someone inserts USB into the client system.
   ---->I am badly confused where to make changes to implement this.
   ----> I have 3 places :-
            (1) On client's ossec itself: C/Prog file(x86)>ossec>ossec
config : Seems to be bad option to add instruction at a client which itself
has to be
                                                             monitored. So
I guess its wrong and once I add anythig to this file, I am unable to
START/RESTART agent at win.
             (2) ossec at server: var/ossec (don't remember exact path).
Adding changing to this, restarting the server I see no USB alert.

Sorry, but I don't know why its not working, if you say I can attach the
exact files where I have made the changes.

Would be a great help.