On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Scott Klauminzer
<sklaumin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dan,
>
> I too am unable to make use of the ideas here:
> http://dcid.me/2010/03/detecting-usb-storage-usage-with-ossec/
>
> Using OSSEC HIDS 2.6 - When I have the the command in a local Windows machine
> agent.conf I get the following in my log on agent restart.
>

> 2012/06/21 09:42:43 ossec-agent: Remote commands are not accepted from the
> manager. Ignoring it on the agent.conf
> 2012/06/21 09:42:43 ossec-agent(1202): ERROR: Configuration error at
> 'shared/agent.conf'. Exiting.
>

> the command set is as follows:
>
>  <localfile>
>    <log_format>full_command</log_format>
>    <command>reg QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USBSTOR</command>
>  </localfile>
>
> within my <agent_config os="windows"> section.
>
> without this command the above error does not log.
>
> Ideas? was command disabled in 2.6?

Seriously? Did you not read the error message? commands do not work
from the agent.conf unless you configure the agent to accept them. You
have to put them in the agent's ossec.conf.

The warning is in the wrong place in the documentation (will fix that
momentarily), but this is documented here:
http://www.ossec.net/doc/syntax/head_ossec_config.localfile.html