Hi Ron,

I haven't been around for a while because life has been exceedingly hectic.

You are sounding pretty stressed out from the latest two posts I read.  I
mean that there is a significant disparity between your reaction in
proportion to the perceived wrong.   Don't burn yourself out.

1)  It's great that you acted on the disparity in billing and got positive
results.  Thank you.  Everyone needs to take more action to improve our
systems

2)  About the arm treatment.  From your post, a) the neurologist didn't
appear to say that there would be no recovery of UE use either.  I don't at
all feel comfortable with the haste in writing off a client's potential for
rehabilitation of the affected side after a stroke.  Yes, they need to work
on dressing and other ADLs and mobility today.  While they are working on
their occupations, the use of their UE can/must be incorporated at an
appropriate functional level.
 and b)  You referred to the self -report of the client:  How much of the
feedback was tainted with a generally negative/never satisfied attitude?
Had she regained any use of her arm?  Had her ADLs not been addressed at
all?

I would agree that treatment aimed solely at remediation of the UE deficits
without functional activities is inappropriate as I would also see immediate
implementation of permanent compensatory techniques without any remedial
therapy as inappropriate.  I would see a combination of remediation and
short and possible long-term compensation as being optimal.

There you go.  Now take a break Ron and cut back on the caffiene and don't
snap at me for giving you some necessary advice.  I don't want you to burn
out on us.  No, don't hit REPLY yet. First, go sit down and relax.

I probably won't be replying for a while anyways.

Take care,
Greg