Hi Martin,

> > I do have two questions though.
> >
> > Is it possible to create a new ticket and send an e-mail to a user
> > without them e-mailing or submitting a ticket first in such
> a way that
> > when they reply it will be added to that newly created
> ticket? I don't
> > see this functionality. Is there something I'm missing?
>
> I think you want an "auto reply" (with the ticket number in
> the subject)?
>
>  -=> new ticket is created -=> auto reply is sent to the
> customer (if the
>       customer send an follow up, it will be added to the ticket)
>
> AdminArea -=> Auto Response <-> Queue -=> set "auto reply"
> for your wanted queue.

Not exactly. Instead, what I'm looking for is a way to initiate contact with
the customer, similar to the PhoneView however via e-mail. For example:

I need to contact a customer regarding an issue with billing. I initiate a
new ticket within OTRS and send them an e-mail explaining the problem. They
receive: