On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:31:16AM -0500, Rob wrote:
> I am having some problems getting good mental model of a typical ticket
> "flow" should be.
>
> I understand the linking of various system email addresses to queues, so new
> requests come into their designated queues.
>
> After a ticket arrives at the Queue, an agent then does something.  That's
> where I get lost.
>
> Is there a flow chart or outline of a typical ticket flow?

it is intended to move tickets between queues. The problem is that once
you moved a ticket away and permissions are strict you will never ever
know if the ticket was being answered or not.
We have this problem here atm and I'm thinking in writing a 'bookmark'
list which would keep track of which tickets which users moved so that
the users will have a chance to see what happend with their tickets.

OTOH we used a patched version of OTRS for quite some time where we
forwarded tickets from one queue to the other. I liked the idea and it
worked pretty much, but Martin decided not to support that in future
releases (which are current now).
I still might have this patch floating around, so I might send it to you
if you are interested, but I bet it doesn't apply to current otrs
versions

--
Regards,

Wiktor Wodecki