On Saturday, May 29, 2004 11:16 PM
Ben Chabot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I must have done something wrong, because I reinstalled and now it
> works great!!!

Glad to hear that.

> I'd like it so that when someone emails the acct, in the response, can
> they have a link to view their ticket? Or do they need a login?

You cannot access the Config.pm parameters in auto responses sent to
customers, but you have access to the ticket id. So you may want to
place a link like this in your response:

"To view this ticket, visit:
http://example.com/otrs/customer.pl?Action=CustomerZoom&TicketID=<OTRS_TICKET_ID>"

Yes, your customers are required to have a login to actually view the
ticket. Anonymous access won't be granted.

> Would it be easy to allow otrs to authenticate off a cookie?  I have
> another app, I'd like people to be able to pass seemlessly from this
> other app, to OTRS.

You enable Cookie management in Config.pm:

$Self->{SessionUseCookie} = 1;

See http://doc.otrs.org/1.2/en/html/dev-custom-modules-aauth.html for
more information on authentication modules.

hth,

Robert Kehl

--
((otrs.de)) :: OTRS GmbH :: Norsk-Data-Str. 1 :: 61352 Bad Homburg
         http://www.otrs.de/ :: Tel. +49 (0)6172 4832388