Hey,

I hate asking so many questions but I'm finding it very difficult to do
customizations because I'm either not finding the Documentation or am not
reading it right.

I jus tneed to know how to

1. When creating a new customer have aditional fields that can be used. ie.
Phone Number.

2. When creating tickets have aditional fields that can be used. Ie. Phone
Number :) or room number ... etc ...

I have read the entire online documentation. There is talk of FreeText. I have
tried to enable that.

>From Defaults.pm I put into Config.pm

    $Self->{PreferencesGroups}->{FreeText} = {
        Module => 'Kernel::Output::HTML::PreferencesGeneric',
        Colum => 'Other Options',
        Label => 'Free Text',
        Desc => 'Example for free text.',
        Block => 'Input',
        Data => '$Env{"UserFreeText"}',
        PrefKey => 'UserFreeText',
        Prio => 7000,
        Activ => 1,
    };

I think it went under users because of the values in Data and PrefKey.

Once I have this enabled do I need to modify the DataBase (MySQL) to support
this new field somehow?

I have searched the mailing list going back several months and have not found
anything that explained how to do this.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

OTRS v2.02
SuSE v10.0