First of all you need a dump of the old database. I used then the scripts under /opt/otrs/scripts to get the current schema, see also http://faq.otrs.org/otrs/public.pl?Action=PublicFAQ&ItemID=259. Of course you also need to adapt your config files if there is any customization. That is not based on any upgrade path, but worked for me in the past.

regards
Christoph Ohliger

Rabindra Pandey schrieb:
Hi James,

Thanks for this. Sounds very simple approach to me. However I did not understand what do you mean by -

Follow the upgrade path from 1.2.3 to 2.3.4 on your new server.

Sorry for being naive but I am cutting my teeth in OTRS. I have inherited this from someone who left the organization.

Thanks.

Maurice James wrote:
You might want to try this:

Create a back up of you existing 1.2.3 installation
Install a fresh copy of 1.2.3 on your new server
Restore your old OTRS database to your new instance of 1.2.3
Follow the upgrade path from 1.2.3 to 2.3.4 on your new server.

That's the way that I know how. It sounds time consuming but its effective