Hello,

We happen to be partners of both OTRS and OCS Inventory.
Please keep in mind that auto-populating your CMDB using a discovery tool
will lead to an out of control configuration management process.

What we do is the following: we get the inventory from OCS, export it to
CSV, and then import it to OTRS using the ImportExport feature. That way
you'll have an starting point for your CMDB and any change you perform after
that should be done by hand either through the change process or the
configuration process. I know it sounds too manual but that way you'll keep
control on the changes performed to your configuration items.

Regards,

Leonardo Certuche
www.itconsultores.com.co
Medellín, Colombia