Hey all,

honestly i do not see the point in pumping up OTRS with an asset management
plugin as this topic is quite complex. If you take a look at a global market
for ticket and asset tools, you will realize that if a tool combines both
features it is either:
- lacking basic functions of either AM or IM
- to pumped up where nobody needs those features

Personally I am only aware of one German and one American tool that combines
both and I am neither totally satisfied with one nor the other.

Sure ... would be quite handy for agents to directly check customers
configuration while creating a ticket and such but where would you stop with AM
functionality?

Just basic hardware discovery?
Additional OS, Software etc?
Licensing?

The scope of IM and AM is, imho, ways to huge for one tool to fully cover.

Just my 2 cents.

With kind regards,

Studienkreis GmbH
Mark Grzella