The following is a bit long winded but might work

Firstly, back up your database and, if you can, test restoring to another
database to ensure you've gotten a good backup. It would be best to take a
backup of your config files too.

Attempt 1:
 * Stop web and database services on your production server.
 * Rename the ZZZAuto.pm file (I always use date/time stamps when doing
this, i.e. 20110627_1300-ZZZAuto.pm)
* The ZZZAuto.pm file may be generated on restarting services (I assume its
generated because the file is not included in the source tar.gz downloads)
* Restart web and database services and attempt to connect via web browser
* Check the Kernel/Config/Files/ directory for the ZZZAuto.pm file to
confirm if the file is/isn't there

 Attempt 2:
 * Stop web and database services on your production server.
 * Rename the ZZZAuto.pm file
* Create a new, blank, ZZZAuto.pm file i.e. touch ZZZAuto.pm
* Set the appropriate ownership and permissions on this new file
* Restart web and database services and attempt to connect via web browser

Attempt 3:
 * Stop web and database services on your production server.
 * Rename the ZZZAuto.pm file
* Create a new, blank, ZZZAuto.pm file i.e. touch ZZZAuto.pm
* Set the Global write permissions on this new file i.e. chmod 777
ZZZAuto.pm
* Restart web and database services and attempt to connect via web browser

Attempt 4:
* Download the same version of OTRS that you're running from the FTP
http://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/
* Install to a different location (or different computer if possible as you
could maintain the same database name/username etc.).
* I'm not sure at which point the ZZZAuto.pm file is generated but you may
need to complete the inital configuration.
* Double check the permissions and ownership of the ZZZAuto.pm on this new
install.
* On your original production server stop the web and database services.
* Rename the ZZZAuto.pm file
* Copy the ZZZAuto.pm from the temporary install to the production server
* Restart the necessary services and attempt to connect via web browser.

If you can, try to maintain a structured approach to your trouble shooting.
Only try one thing at a time and take a note of each change and whether it
was successful or failed.

I hope that helps,
Rory Clerkin