Hi Robert,

You've really gone all out in creating a unique bespoke system. Its great to
see that you've gotten everything working with the mail server, relaying
mail against it and hopefully you'll get OTRS working with it too. The only
concern I'd have for such a system is that any issues you need to resolve in
future may be quite difficult because of the lack of others doing the same
thing.

I'm sure you've looked over this part of the documentation plenty of time
but anyway, the OTRS docs for mail configuration are at
http://doc.otrs.org/3.0/en/html/email.html

I use entries in the system crontab for fetching mail from a remote server
mailbox
*/3 * * * *    $HOME/bin/otrs.PostMasterMailbox.pl >> /dev/null

There are also entries in the crontab for using fetchmail which I have
commented out
#*/5 * * * * [ -x /usr/bin/fetchmail ] && /usr/bin/fetchmail -a >> /dev/null
#*/5 * * * *    /usr/bin/fetchmail -a --ssl >> /dev/null

I set up my crontab using the Cron.sh script in the OTRS bin directory
(/opt/otrs/bin/Cron.sh for me).

If you can't adapt any of the methods in the documentation to use with your
own install then maybe you could work around it.
A previous installation I worked with before (mail server was qmail and OTRS
was on a seperate RHEL 3 server) work in the following method;

* Mail was sent to a specifc 'support' mailbox on the mail server i.e.
supp...@mycompany.com
* Mail received to the support mailbox was automatically forwared to the
otrs user on the OTRS server using the servers FQDN i.e.
otrs@otrsserver.mydomain.local (the forward sent the mail without changing
the envelope info such as the TO or FROM address, essentially a relay)
* OTRS then took the mail from the local mailbox (I can't remember if it was
through POP or fetchmail)
* Sending mail was then done by using the local sendmail via the qmail
server

Unfortunately I wasn't the one who configured it at the time so I can't
really be more specific.

I hope that helps somewhat,
Rory