>They've talked about it at virtually every major Microsft dev event since,
including the new interface for Xbox.

I haven't attended any phone presentations, only ones that are vital
interest to what I'm writing now or in the foreseeable future, and it's a
struggle just to keep up to date with that stuff. I've had no requests for
anything mobile yet, although one might be on the horizon now, finally, so I
get some practical experience.

What's an Xbox?

> Whilst there are nuances to the Windows 8 story, it's still the same basic
design language.

We'll I'm about to try and develop one of those candy apps in my Win8
preview to see how hard it is to write something metro compliant. I hope
you're right about the design language similarities for developers. I've
written plenty of WPF and SL and I hope that time wasn't wasted.

I should mention that I like that way you can search for apps and install
them with similar ease to way you can find things in VS2010 Extension
Manager. It will make more apps available more easily, like finding apps for
your phone (security problems aside for now). We might finish up with too
many crappy apps for Win8.

Greg

P.S. I clicked Cancel in some Win8 Mail app screen and it's the app is
permanently broken with a white and gray screen with no controls and no
response. I've just reinstalled Win8 from scratch, but luckily it's quick.