since early 90's I have been involved in User Groups as a Group Leader and
in ACS at a Branch executive level. In both groups i have met, mixed and
worked  with amazingly talented people.

Not already mentioned, ACS has close collaboration with Universities with
the "Core Body Of Knowledge" (CBOK). ACS maintains a CBOK as do
Universities running courses in IT.

if you are a University graduate of an IT course, your course would have
been accredited by ACS.
Here is a list of universities with ACS accredited courses
https://www.acs.org.au/accreditedcourses-and-jobs/acs-accredited-courses

ACS has saved me a lot of money on Professional Indemnity insurance apart
from other member benefits. Worth investigating if you require insurance as
a part of your operations.

to finish off with a bit of humour, this is a linkedin contribution  from
Bill Malkin.
Underbelly: The Case of the Decomposing Professional Body
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/underbelly-case-decomposing-professional-body-bill-malkin?trk=prof-post

PG

--
Peter Griffith CP