Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2002 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] Vaginal ultrasounds

Once again thanks for the info re Vag Ultrasounds.  I have a gut feeling that this is a dangerous procedure for the foetus as it gets so close to it and is not even " filtered" throught the abdominal fat and muscle. It is also a gross invasion of a woman's body.  I wonder if the operator "gets off" on it?  I also wonder about all the guff that goes on about how accurate ultrasound dating is at any period of pregnancy.  I would like all u/s  providers to have to keep and punlish  accurate and up to date data on when the babies wered actually born in comparison to when u/s predicted they were due.  MM