“Doing the US vaginally rather than abdominally just means you don't need to bother with a full bladder I expect.”

I think we need to be careful about thinking this is a ‘just’ situation. Having something place in my vagina is an incredibly intimate and private act. There is nothing just about it.. If you would just take your pants off, I’ll just put this in your vagina.

I guess this is just a slip of the keyboard, but if we are not careful about the use of language and how that empowers and disempowers then who will. Huge power issues here.

There is an incredible powerlessness if this became routine. I would rather have a full bladder than have a foreign object placed into my vagina by a doctor. Even if the doctor was someone I respected and trusted. I would still prefer not!

Sorry I’m ranting.

Sally Westbury