You all know "where" I come from, but I can see that the hospital staff were genuinely frightened for the baby's wellbeing.  Those decells can be really scary, but I don't see any point in distressing  a baby further by hurting it's head with a FSE. They don't change the outcome.  People react in a rude and aggressive ways in order to cover up their fear and feelings of inadequacy.  As Sally said, the only way to handle it is to keep calm and focussed and support the woman the best one can.  Congratulations Jo on doing just that.  Cheers, MM