In most places I have worked it is not routine to have the babies in recovery room.
The OR staff don't have the time to care for the baby and mostly the midwifery service
is understaffed and they have no time in general. I know that many midwives, if they
can, will stay for as long as possible to give the mum the best chance of bonding they
can.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 4/12/2003 8:54:50 am >>>
I was just curious to know if it is normal practice for newborn babies to be in
recovery with their Mums after a ceasarian.... I noticed they had the baby in with the
mother on the Today show this morning... and wondered if it was for television,
as I remember when I stayed with my husband in recovery after leg surgery a couple of
years .... a woman was in there after her caesarian - for some time - no baby in
sight....therefore a very long and sad separation for mother and baby in those crucial
first moments....
i'd love to hear others experiences...
kind regards,
Nicole

ps.  did the new mother appear cool and detached from the whole experience, to
everyone else watching?? would have loved to have seen the difference in her responses
following a homebirth.....

This email, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential and for the sole
use of the intended recipients(s).  This confidentiality is not waived or lost, if you
receive it and you are not the intended recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/received
in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review of this email is
prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of confidentiality if it relates to
health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipients(s), or if you have received this e-mail in
error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by telephone or by return
e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail message and destroy any hard copies
produced.