-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Wayne and Cas
Sent: Friday, 19 March 2004 8:48 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] sleep stuff

Well, we tried the side car thing last night and he went down without
any hassles at 8.30, then woke up at 10pm so I fed him and gently rolled
him over to the cot and he didn't stir until 5am this morning. So far so
good. It was the best night's sleep I've had in weeks. Thanks for all of
your suggestions.

I wanted to add though that sleeping with children and babies is not
right for everyone. I don't actually know too many adults or children
that seem affected by the fact their parents made them sleep in a cot
when they were babies. There is a lot more to parenting than whether you
co-sleep or not. Ie. If you don't love your kids unconditionally, no
amount of co-sleeping is going to give the added security a child needs.
I think we are all individuals and so are our children and we just need
to work out what best suits them. When Liam was the same age as Daniel
he was very hands off, didn't want hugs, didn't want the breast a lot
and it hurt me at the time but it was what he needed. Daniel is a
totally different baby.

I will let you know if our good fortune last night continues.

Cheers Cas.

Cas, Wayne, Liam and Daniel McCullough
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.casmccullough.com