Hi,

This is a really interesting discussion.
Before our first pregnancy I uttered those fatal (and stupid) words "our
child will fit in with us, no child will change our lifestyle" (well,
probably thought more than said).
Well, I was in for a surprise.  Our first son Zac, wasn't going to be in
that at all (bless him)  He survived "sleep school"and demanded co-sleeping.
I thank god for his persistance in educating us.  We have co-slept with Zac
and our 3 other children.  In non-scintific research (gossip with my
girlfriends) I can relate that Chris *gets it* much more than the average 40
something father of 4. (and more than the average father of one) We love it,
and have found co-sleeping no impediment.  Chris has alway shared the
childcare equally.  We both came to the realisation.....the patting, pacing
and rocking left us both crazy.  Nowadays, we have Cassie 6 and Guan 1 in
our bed.  They fall asleep in our arms or on the breast and often we
transfer them to bed or cot for a while.  Or we go to the spare bed, or if
the person in our bed is very little we just have sex on the other side of
the bed.  Sometimes you get a little pair of eyes peeping over the top and
we've had a couple of "can we join in too"s (don't report us, they think
it's just a cuddle. Or we have sex when the bigger ones are at school or at
a friends, and the baby is asleep.

Sylvia, this is not directed at you, but you said " have noticed mn
displaying frustrated, hostile feelings because of being left out of
the equation once the baby arrives."
Is anyone else inclined to say "get a grip"?(to these men)  No-one knew how
parenting would change their lives.  But after 4 children, we are so glad it
has.  Having a baby wasn't an evil plot to get out of sex (except for 3
times in 10 years)  We both signed up to having children.  We both co-sleep
with them (not just me.)   I love Chris more than ever, and he's sussed out
what REALLY turns me on - coming home to a clean house and a cooked meal
from time to time, not having to clean the toilet because he's done it..

Recently, on another list, we did a strw poll re co-sleeping.  Those who
remembered sleeping with their parents, or being welcomed into their parents
bed whenever they wanted, remembered those times with great love and
happiness.  Those,like me, ho were forbidden to go to their parents bed
remembered the fear of being alone in the dark and knowing they'd be in
trouble if they went to their parents bed, and never wanted to inflict that
on their own children.

Love, Barb
Mum of Zac, 10, Dan, 8, Cassie, 6 and Guan 1
Barb