I sure can relate, Andrea.  I have three tricks for getting a nice big
shoulder moving rush of hormones. 1 get the woman to take a big drink of water
through a bendy straw (this has the same effect as giving your parched house
plants a nice quaff of water) 2. have her lover stimulate her nipples and 3.
work on her uterine points on her ankles (reflexology).

The babies seem to withstand those purple head waiting periods quite well but
it produces premature aging for the birth attendants.
Gloria