Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 9:11 PM
Subject: [ozmidwifery] FW: Birthcentre/ homebirth

From: Stepney, Natalie Anita - stena001
Sent: Fri 23/06/2006 7:00 PM
To: OZMidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Birthcentre/ homebirth

Hi,
I'm a mid student in my last year and 20 weeks pregnant.
I'm planning a homebirth, but since being present at a horrific labour which culminated in the woman having a hysterectomy and two days intubated in ICU following severe bleeding post partumly. Im having second thoughts.
I was honoured to be present at my best friends water birth monday night in a birth centre. I'm thinking that maybe I should go that way, as there is back-up.
I would like some professional opinions please.
Cheers Nat