Have you stopped driving a car, or being a passenger? Awful things do happen, and sometimes they aren't predictable. Even with hospital and birth centre births things happen.  You will see awful things in hospital, a lot due to mismanagement and interventions.  Ponder deeply, pray and talk.    Maureen
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Michelle Windsor
Sent: Saturday, 24 June 2006 5:34 PM
To: ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] FW: Birthcentre/ homebirth

Hi Nat,

When I was doing my mid training my preceptor and I used to talk about the 'obstetric demons' that sometimes come and sit on your shoulder!!   But if you look into the research on homebirth you will find that in healthy women, the outcomes are comparable or better than hospital birth.  As others have said, it's where you feel most comfortable that counts.  I recently had an email from Sarah Buckley in which she said the same thing..... wherever the woman chooses to birth that makes her feel the safest will promote endorphin release, normal labour etc.

All the best

Michelle