Thanks Diane - some great advice there, I shall follow it up and check out your website.  I have seen a few others that I like the style of and suppose the 'style' can be replicated?

From: "Diane Gardner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <ozmidwifery@acegraphics.com.au>
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] setting up a website
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:10:25 +1100

Hi Kristin

The first thing you have to do is register your domain address. I did it with Anchor Systems Ltd
http://www.anchor.com.au which costs me $65 for 2 years. When I asked them why they were so cheap they told me because they don't rip you off. I have had a registration with them for 3 years now and there was no probs renewing it. You can also register through Telstra etc. Just shop around because they all vary in price depending on the company BUT they all do the same thing so more expensive is not necessarily better.

You have to decide what it is you want in a website and whether you want to sell on it or just an info site. I've found that the selling on there can gert quite complicated so decided not to do it. Mine was done with a friend in Oklahoma but I also had another one designed with Gary Hegedus here in Melbourne who also filmed a DVD for me and it won't be up and running for a few months yet as I am still gathering information for him. He was really easy to deal with and lots of good ideas.

His website is www.ghproductions.com.au so check it out. He charges $500 to do a website including graphics as long as it isn't a 300 page website. He does them pretty quickly and has had a lot of years of experience wthin the media industries. Such a bargain and a really nice guy. I highly recommend him and that's important these days with so many around.
regards
Diane G