On 02/04/2011 02:12 PM, Henry Sinnreich wrote:
> Last but not least, what are the pros and cons of Wi-Fi vs. Bluetooth?

On this topic, it'd be great if you could simultaneously be connected to
two networks (eg, a wireless DSL router *and* broadcast a mesh
repeater).  I don't think you can do this in the strict sense, but I
remember some Microsoft research where they would quickly
connect/reconnect to two different wifi networks several times a second,
and then queue up the packets going each way, giving the illusion of
being connected to both simultaneously.  Maybe that's one way to use
wifi in a mesh environment without sacrificing your wifi connection to a
real internet connection.

-david