On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 10:58:42AM -0500, Bob Harris wrote:
> Oskar: I don't think you realize that your use of the word "small
> world" is quite different from everyone else's and the graph
> theoretic definition. If you think CAN defines a small world in any
> sense, we will not be able to communicate.

Oskar and I seem to be using the same definition of "small world
network", the same definition put forth by Watts and Strogatz when
they defined the term, also the same as the definition given in
Wikipedia, as well as in several books and peer-reviewed publications
devoted to the topic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small-world_network

Watts, D. J. and S. H. Strogatz. 1998. "Collective dynamics of
'small-world' networks". Nature 393:440-42.
http://tam.cornell.edu/SS_nature_smallworld.pdf

--
Daniel Stutzbach                           Computer Science Ph.D Student
http://www.barsoom.org/~agthorr                     University of Oregon