Bob Harris wrote:

Where would use place "Symphony" [1] btw? A very structured DHT, but
based directly on Kleinberg's model.

Very telling question. I would file Symphony under the "not worth implementing or discussing" category.

That is great and all, but it wasn't what I asked. You are free make categories of "DHTs I like" and "DHTs I don't like" to your hearts content. But you can't make a a division between "small-world networks" and DHTs, because all DHTs are, as has been noted, small-world networks, just with varying degrees of randomness.

// oskar