I certainly agree that there are drawbacks to Credence's approach, as any.
And our papers try to discuss some of them. But I don't think that is what you meant by "well documented". If you could send me (or the listserv) some pointers or references, I'd be happy to see them. We are always interested in potential improvements, weaknesses, or other approaches to similar problems of trust in p2p networks.

-Kevin