Hi,
There is a so called Kindle drm removal tool around. smile
Oh you've never heard me saying so. smile

Best regards
Brian

Brian

-----Oprindelig meddelelse----- From: brian parker Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 12:47 PM To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org Subject: re sound taxi Hi gary, thanks for your message. i had a talk with humanware two weeks ago, asking whether there was any chance that we might be able in the future to read the kindle downloads on victorstream. but i was told, that amazon wouldn't agree. i downloaded four kindle books, and my son-in-law used some programme on the amazon site to convert them in to text files for me. the first one, searobber by kevin severin victor played well. but the other three were hopeless. every time there was an apostrophe in the middle of a word, such as you'll or an apostrophes at the end of a word, the victor made the file concerned in to utter garbage. as for specialty machines, i think we certainly do need them. commercial products are working more and more towards to touch screens and no keyboard. i am not at present going to get the new victorstream, as frankly, i am waiting for someone of us who is actually using one, to tell us how he is getting on. i certainly would like a better text to speech programme. i am told that acapela or whatever the one in the new victorstream for playing text files,is called, is good, but one can't speed it up. well, we have now probably taken this subject as far as we can. good wishes to all the list, brian. p s, is acapela a programme we can download to use separately. anyone know. brian.