Hi kevin, i am looking at your message. at present, when i select a file to convert, and press the open tab, it starts to convert. i have had trouble with one book, which stops at about 78 per cent. i sent an e.mail to sound taxi support, and they suggested i tried playing the original in itune. also, they suggested i checked my drm license, what ever that is. i am now playing the original file on my victor stream. i converted part two without any problem. i will let you know how i get on.brian