[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

REPLY: Don't feel too safe. 75% of what Kodak is investing is in digital. I
wonder how many percent in two years?

My comment on Kodak has to do with Kodak's near incestuous relationship
with the military, scientific and business communities.
Kodak's profits from its chemical and digital imaging near monopoly is not
only monstrously profitable, but leads to lower R&D thus more, not less
consumer professional films.
I would never ever feel sorry for Kodak. They continue to sell
consumer-professional films as much as for the good will it generates with
the public as for the sales or profits, which, in relation to its other
imaging interests, is a mere pittance.
That said, and as huge as Kodak is in consumer films, their net sales in
business-techinical-scientific imaging and research are even larger.
Remember, it was Kodak, not Canon/Nikon that underwrote the 460/520/560/660
series "reporter" digital cameras.
It went like this:
Kodak: "Nikon, Canon, we've developed this cool new digital imaging system,
let us use your EOS 1n/N90/F4/5 bodies and we'll show you how we'd do digital
if we had such bodies."
Kodak even had the nerve to suggest that the "reporter" cameras were "joint"
projects with Canon/Nikon.

At up to $25,000 a copy, even these powerful digitals do very nice ... news
photos.

Mafud
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

I notice Kodak keeps pumping out "civilian"digitals as if that was a prime
market (for them).