Well, as to Kodak, according to PMA, Kodak's pro film sales are
flatlining and their consumer sales are dropping, while their digital
sales rocket on upwards.  I see Kodak continuing to gradually phase out
one film at a time (why would they be marketing MAX as a film to use
under every circumstance unless they wanted to ditch the rest of the
line?), until just a few expensive films are left.  This will happen
with everyone, I'm sure.  The only uncertainty is the timeline.
Kodak Canada recently let go a group of "lifers" from their consumer and
pro imaging departments: sales reps who had been with the company for
more than 30 years and knew the line inside out and backwards.  Usually
when a product's sales are down you work on selling it, but in this case
Kodak are accepting it as the way things will be.  This action is more
worrying to me than someone up top at Agfa saying that eventually they
will stop selling film.  This is more like Kodak saying "We don't WANT
to sell film anymore".

Aaron

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org