Ralf Engelmann wrote:

> On the other side, we still have e.g. 127 (4x4) film available from
> specialized companies. This is a good example that smaller
> manufacterers have less problems with shrinking mainstream market
> than the big ones. I could imagine that Ilford will survive the
> digital revolution better than Kodak or Fuji.

I completely agree.  However, Ilford just released a spectacular line of
inkjet papers (their old ones were stinkers IMHO, but the new
line...wow!) AND a large format inkjet printer to go with them.  Maybe
they're trying to get in the door on the print end of things before some
of the big guys?  According to my reps, Agfa currently don't have any
plans to get into anything other than a bit of tabletop inkjet material
(some 8x10 and 11x17 stuff, not much of a variety), and Fuji seem to be
clinging to their "home" dyesubs that make small, incredibly expensive
prints and their Pictrostat line, which make conventional photographic
prints from digital but will only produce 8x10s for what it costs to get
a 24" archival inkjet from Epson.  Now Agfa seem to have more invested
in the scanner and camera side of things, digitally, and Fuji's digital
cameras are really quite a strong lineup, but I can see both of these
guys missing out on a big part of the home market if they just sit back
and let Kodak, Epson, Ilford and HP carve it up between them.

Aaron

This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, visit
http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions.
Don't forget to visit the PUG at http://pug.komkon.org