Bob wrote:

> 4.    Calls from folks whining to them that someone talked mean to them on the list.
>Some
> lists I participate in (I participate in 4 photo groups and 10 firearm groups) are
>warm,
> friendly unmoderated pub like places filled with jovial folks. Some are moderated, no
> nonsense places.

The problem is that having flamwars on corporate web page isn't good for either the
image or business, independent on how jovial people find it. It was said last spring
that the host (Pentax) threatened to close down the group if the flamewars didn't
stop.
However, I believe the main reason is that theres no point in having a corporate
hosted discussion group like this. It made sense back in '95 when started, but not
anymore.

Pål

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.