Robert wrote:

> I did not feel the pressure, though, because to feel something one must
> take it seriously, and it did not stop me or anyone else from being as
> negative as we felt warranted by the issue under discussion.

Actually, from the manufacturers point of view constructive negative comments is whats
valuable. The fact that some wants a fine, upper level from Pentax actually show faith
in the company and faith in that Pentax is indeed able to do so. Its rather the
eroneous comments that Pentax is unable to compete with anyone else because of their
small size thats damaging, but only in principle because nobody actually cares.
In fact, mailing list like this has kept the Pentax flame alive, past and future
products, and instead of adhering to the myth that Pentax is some small backyard
company, but is in fact the worlds second largest camera manufacturer with the largest
camera/lens R&D dept and a significant contributors to breakthroughs in the industry.

Pål

go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Visit the PUG at
http://pug.komkon.org.