Hi,

>   I apologize for the previous mail - it's the first time I'm insulted
>   in this forum and I overreacted. The insinuation was so preposterous
>   I thought it deserves a stupid answer as well.
>   Fact is that I support anti-terrorism measures, but I have little
>   understanding for the paranoia and the intolerance associated with
>   ignorance that seem to haunt lately the other side of the ocean.
>   You won't hear from me on this matter again.

terrorist attacks provide a pretext for those with authoritarian
tendencies to start pushing people around 'in the name of security'.

It is our duty as liberal people to object and to make a stand when
it goes beyond what is reasonable in the circumstances. Try not to be
cowed by the bullies. You more than most people here know where it leads
when the 'security'-minded take control.

Bob