Tonghang wrote:

TZ> Personally I don't think these security checks can prevent anything.
TZ> It's just a harrassment for everyone.  Even worse is that these
TZ> guards seem to enjoy their new found status very much.  This is
TZ> not right.

   Back in October on the Kennedy airport, I had to undergo a third
   security check, this time a hand one. Two men and a woman very
   convinced of their importance went thoroughly through my luggage
   and dug out triumphantly the large tin can of 100 feet of bulk
   Provia 100F, which one of them tried to open! I had to patiently
   explain its content and repeat myself several times before they
   conceded it's harmless.

   I've seen in the past over here this brutal, negating attitude,
   often enough to tell my American friends your country is not on the
   right track...

   Servus, Alin