----- Original Message -----
From: "Tonghang Zhou"
Subject: Re: New Thread - Air Travel and film

> I understand there are 3 ways to undergo the detection: A) checked-in
> luggage, B) X-ray machine at the gate for carry-on bags, C) the
> beeping door that you go thru.
>
> From what I'm hearing you guys are saying, A) and B) are ruinous
> to film.  How about C)?  You seems to be saying C) is safe?

Option A has the most potential for damage. The CAT scanners are instant
well done. Thats really all thats changed I think. The high dose X-Ray being
used on checked baggage is relatively recent. The carry on X-Rays have
always been problematic, I don't know if they have gotten worse or not.
I am pretty sure the walk through is just detecting ferrous metals. If it
was irradiating, it wouldn't be safe for people to pass through.

William Robb