> I mean, who cares about if *ist D can take great pictures, who
> cares if it has competitive features, who cares if it feels good
> in your hands, who cares if it is affordable....  since it looks
> too much like other cameras, it has to be DOOMED, right?!?
> <sigh> <I am speechless> <shaking my head>

<heh-heh>

Actually, I am glad that it does look ~reasonably~ "normal" (to my
eyes, which are used to looking closely at - and through - ME
Supers, Super A's, and LX's), and that it does not have some bizarre
shape that would be entirely possible due to the lack of necessity
for matching digital SLR functionality with "old-fashioned" film SLR
form.  (To my traditionalist eyes, many of the P&S forms - both film
and digital - are esthetically "tolerable" - but I can also think of
some which I've seen which seem downright u-g-l-y to me - they
remind me more of some sort of Klingon medical device than they do
of a camera - <g>.)

Fred