It may be intuitive, but that is because you used cameras with controls like that in the past. It is also a slower interface. When I go from inside, with flash in manual mode, to outside, no flash an Av mode it is much faster to just change a mode switch. The beauty of the mode switch is that all the settings from each of the modes is retained. I don't have to reset apertures and shutter speeds each time I change modes.
I actually owned, and used, both style cameras for years, not playing with someone else's camera. All you've said is that you like what you know and don't like what you don't know.

BR

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The MZ-5n is far more intuitive to use.