On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 07:58:27 +0100, Bojidar Dimitrov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I recently bought one of these for my sister-in-law. It's a super-sharp super-cheap lens. I would say it's a least as sharp as my 50M 1.7. If you have an EOS you can do lots worse than this lens.

Evan

This would be the version II of the 50/1.8. Same optics, new mechanics, and much cheaper, from what I hear. I have version I (metal mount, focusing ring in the middle), and it feels more solid than an A-series Pentax lens.

Well, yes and no.  Version II weighs only 130 gram, so it probybly does
not require a metal mount.  Futhermore, it seems that Canon wanted to
boast with the low weight, so they used plastic.  The idea seems similar
to Pentax's idea to make the *ist the world's smalest and lightest SLR,
so they left the aperture mechanics out.

Cheers,
Boz

-- Evan Hanson