Hi,

Arnold Stark wrote:

> It IS built like a tank. Execpt for two unfortunate details: The
> lens is easily scratched on the barrel, and the focusing ring is
> much more loose than on other FA primes.

Actually, the story I was hoping for is:

Arnold puts an FA135/2.8 for sale on eBay.  They buyer returns it
because it is "loose like hell".  Arnold shows me the lens and asks for
my honest opinion.  We both agree that it has the same look and feel
like a new FA 135/2.8.

Cheers,
Boz

PS: I have owned an FA 100/2.8 Macro, and it felt the same way.  The FA
24-90/3.5-4.5 and FA 80-320/4.5-5.6 feel thes ame, but they are plastic,
so altogether they are even worse...