Mark Roberts wrote:

> I suppose that's an argument for having a K1000 or KM at
> the ready! (Then you'd just have to remember to keep the shutter
> wound...)

Happens to me a *lot* at the racetrack. Once I had just looked up
from taking what was a fairly prosaic pan shot, only to watch a guy
stuff his vintage Porsche into the tire wall opposite me with such
force that some of the tires flew into the air. By the time I had
recocked, everything had settled and it was just a wrecked race car
sitting there. On another occasion I turned to see a riderless motor-
cycle sliding down the middle of the track toward me, followed about
5 feet behind by the rider who had just low-sided it. Already had a
good DoF dialed in, pressed the shutter button...and it was soft.

Regards,

Stephen Moore