When the Minolta Maxuum was introduced, an ex-girlfriend bought one and
asked me to photograph her wedding with it. I had never used an SLR, so I
borrowed the Maxuum to become acquainted with its operation. The exposure
counter counted to 38...but the film had failed to catch on the takeup
reel. Since the Maxuum had a built-in power winder, there was no way I
could tell.

That experience led me to select the Super Program as my first--and still
only--SLR. It and one or two Ricohs of its day are, I believe, the only
K-mount SLRs that have program mode; show the shutter speed on the top
panel; accept an add-on (not full-time) power winder; and have a moving
rewind lever to confirm that the film is advancing--even when using the
power winder.

Paul Franklin Stregevsky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
W: (703) 834-4648