That's the kind of thing that should only happen once in a lifetime.
I had it happen to me (once) and since that day I ALWAYS check the
rewind knob THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE ROLL to make sure the film
is actually advancing. TIP: At the beginning of the roll, turn the
rewing knob so all slack is taken up then every cock of the shutter
should spin the rewind knob if all is well.
JCO