I remember somebody pointing out that the K1000 is basically a Spotmatic
SP F.  They share a lot of physical features (including that silly
photoswitch for the light meter, which iirc no other Pentax has) and
are functionally pretty much identical except for the K mount.

Question is, is the K1000 REALLY just an SP F inside with a new lens mount
and body?  If it is, it would seem a useful source of SP F parts.

I suppose over its 25 year lifespan the K1000 evolved a lot inside, which
might invalidate the commonality of parts.

DJE