Last Tuesday, I received a surprise parcel, which my wife had arranged for
delivery. Inside, I found a number of smaller boxes, all new Pentax items
and one of them contained an *ist D. In all the time I have been interested
in photography (1970), I've never bought/had a new SLR camera and have only
seen them on the shelves.

Friday just gone, I had an immediate use for a DSLR, to take photos of my
youngest in a school 'play' (she's 5 next week, so it was only a small
part), but I used the MX and Chinon flash for two reasons; firstly I can use
the MX to provide good results without thinking and I'd not used the *ist D
before and two; - and I freely admit this is a bit sad - is I am so stunned
to have something new I wanted to view it in the box for a bit.

Now will it be a turning point? So many hardened film users have turned to
digital so quickly with the acquisition of such a camera. I used my LX and
my 67 today.....I still get great pleasure every time I use them.

Malcolm