On 30 Nov 2003 at 22:22, Cesar Matamoros II wrote:

> I differ slightly in that I use a grey card to set my manual white balance.
> Something I found that worked better when I first started using the Nikon D1X
> and D1H.
>
> I should try a comparison using both techniques.  I know that I have used a
> white page in the pinch and have been happy with the results.  Though with some
> thinking on the subject it would make me think that using a grey card would
> allow some more lattitude in post processing...

Using a grey or white card to set WB shouldn't affect latitude, it's a relative
setting not absolute. Also I from my experience the variances in the colour of
grey cards is far greater than that of bright white papers. The only problem
that you may encounter with some camera when balancing off white paper in
direct sunlight is sensor saturation.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998